Hxro is pleased to announce its sponsorship of a Derivatives Applications and Liquidity track for the Solana Sandstorm Hackathon. Builders participating in this global, virtual event will have the opportunity to compete for over $200,000 in prizes provided by more than 40 sponsors from across the Solana ecosystem.
Hxro is a decentralized derivative primitive for risk-based applications built on the Solana blockchain. Through a series of native protocols, Hxro provides the framework and infrastructure for robust, fully-functional, on-chain markets for derivatives (futures and options) and parimutuel contracts.
This track is for builders looking to create either foundational layer on-chain derivative infrastructure or to build user-layer applications that face global DeFi derivatives users. The network encourages builders to test the boundaries of how on-chain derivatives can be used across different market segments.
As auditing partners of Hxro, SolShield will join Hxro in rewarding projects that bring more data flow and transactions to core Hxro protocols (both Dexterity and Parimutuel) to test the resiliency of the protocol in user-facing applications.
The prizes being offered for this track are as follows*:
1st place: 1,000 USDC and 25,000 HXRO
2nd place: 500 USDC and 12,500 HXRO
*Minimum requirement to qualify: Connect to Hxro Network through Hxro Dexterity SDKs and/or Parimutuel SDKs
- 1.A step-style race game using the parimutuel protocol. Example: 7 levels, to advance through each level the player must win a 1-min parimutuel contest, first player to win all 7 (and therefore advance through all 7 planets) wins the race which has a prize pool at the end of it.
- 2.A “beat the streak” app or set of rolling contests for parimutuels that awards a prize to the player/wallet that wins the most parimutuel games in a row. It would need to set a default/require a minimum bet for each game played to qualify for someone’s streak. Should show a leaderboard of longest streaks in the period. Reference: https://www.mlb.com/apps/beat-the-streak
- 3.An innovative spin on a “swap-style” GUI on top of Hxro Dexterity for perps and futures using spandex style portfolio margining as opposed to “gearing-based” leverage.
- 4.An innovative stablecoin using a liquid perp/futures curve.
- 5.A p2p OTC clearport-style trade/betting gui that settles using the spandex risk engine.
- Learn more about Hxro\’s Parimutuel protocol here.
- Access Rest API here.
- Access the Python SDK here.
- Access the Typescript SDK here.
Speak directly with core contributors in the Hxro Community Discord #builder-chat!